Baby number two's catchphrase is, "Be careful what you wish for!" Joey and I are absolutely THRILLED to be expecting another baby! Earlier than planned? Yes. However, I seriously spent half the summer lamenting over the fact that many of my close friends were/are pregnant, and I made it very clear that I wanted to be among them! I know on a personal level at least ten women expecting a child in the first half of 2015. Each time someone shared their good news with me, I would experience joy and sorrow at the same time. I feel guilty admitting that; my selfish desires to have what I want right when I want it never cease to amaze me! Joey is going to be a full time CRNA student until September 2015 and we weren't "planning" on growing our family until we had moved, he'd returned back to work, and we'd established some semblance of normalcy! But the Lord's timing is always perfect, I DEFINITELY got what I was wishing for, and we are so excited to be living a new chapter of life!
- I'm due on my birthday! May 3, 2015. Finley was born right on his due date so I am not counting out the possibility of sharing my birthday... but honestly, whenever the baby arrives is fine. I'm totally not focused on a due date!
- I'm planning on delivering at Moses Taylor in Scranton. Joey isn't "down" with a home birth. Which is fine, because at this point I don't think it would be the right thing for me either!
- I've had zero prenatal appointments. But I do have one coming up! I had a really hard time finding an OB. I saw a group of midwives with Finley when we lived in Sayre and loved their more natural approach to pregnancy, labor, and deliver. Unfortunately Scranton doesn't really offer a lot (if anything) of that kind so it took me a long time to decide on an OB.
- I was WAY way way sicker this time around. Weeks 5 to 10 were spent trying not to throw up, going to bed really early, and generally counting each day as a minor victory. I didn't drink coffee for an entire month and this is a big deal for me. One morning I woke up and knew I was definitely pregnant when my morning cup of coffee evoked a gagging reflex! With Finley, I never actually threw up (although I definitely remember feeling sick) but this time around I spent some quality time with my head over our toilet/bedroom garbage can.
- We will probably find out the gender! I'll be 20 weeks near the end of 2014. Though Joey wouldn't mind waiting, I'm way too impatient. We also have the hardest time choosing baby names so I think we can make it a little easier on ourselves by knowing which gender to stick to.
- How did I find out I was pregnant? Well, in general I like taking pregnancy tests. I almost always have some on hand at home, and maybe this is TMI but if I'm even the slightest bit off schedule with my cycle, I happily take a pregnancy test. I mean... it's fun! Waiting for the result is a mini adrenaline rush each time. Go ahead and judge me but I know some of you understand what I mean! I have a large collection of negative results and I fully expected to add the the pile late in August when I was a few days late and took a rather routine pregnancy test. The control line generally shows up right away (I take the old school kind), and this time was no different... only what what I THOUGHT was the control line was actually the "pregnant" line, so imagine my shock when the control line appeared after the pregnant line had clearly established itself. I showed Joey immediately, promising that I hadn't planned this behind his back!
- I'm so excited to be able to give Finley a brother or sister... or maybe more than one?! I mean, you never know. I can imagine he'll love having someone to play with and I'm so glad they'll be close in age.
Bottom line? WE ARE SO HAPPY! Yes, I had to cancel five weddings and will DEFINITELY be taking some time off from photography and committing to less overall next year and in coming years, but this seems like such a natural next step and is one of the greatest surprises ever :) Thanks for reading and check back for updates!